Sluggo Snail Bait is an awesome molluscicide that helps eliminate snails and slugs. This snail control product contains iron phosphate and remains effective up to 4 weeks. The slug control snail bait breaks down into organic fertilizer and can be used in the garden and around pets and wildlife. The snail control remains effective after rain and works well in cool weather.
- Contains iron phosphate to kill snails and slugs
- 0.5 – 1 lb. treats up to 1,000 sq. ft.
- Long-lasting formula remains effective up to 4 weeks, even after rain
- Works well in cool weather for versatility
- Use in vegetable gardens up until the day of harvest
- Safe around pets and wildlife for worry-free application
- Breaks down into organic fertilizer
- OMRI listed organic
- SLUG AND SNAIL CONTROL – Sluggo is one of the best snail and slug control products. It is designed to bait and poison these pests.
- SNAIL BAIT ALTERNATIVE – Being a two-in-one bait and killer, Sluggo is an alternative to traditional slug and snail baits.
- PET AND WILDLIFE SAFE – Sluggo contains iron phosphate which naturally occurs soil, so it is safe around wildlife and pets.
- GRANULAR FORMULA – This repellent comes in an easy-to-use granular formula which makes it a convenient product for gardening.
- EFFECTIVE AFTER RAIN – After application, rain or sprinkling will not change the effectiveness of the product on slugs, bugs, or snails.
YouTube video from UC Davis on Managing snails, snail baits & their application below
|What is Sluggo? Sluggo is an organic product used to control slugs and snails. It was developed in Europe and offers an effective alternative to traditional snail and slug baits based on metaldehyde. The active ingredient in Sluggo is iron phosphate, which is actually a plant nutrient.What are the advantages of using Sluggo?
• Sluggo can be used around pets and wildlife without fear affecting other animals.• It remains effective after rainfall or irrigation• It can be used in vegetable gardens throughout the growing season and up to the day of harvest• Any product not consumed by the slugs and snails will biodegrade in the soil back to fertilizer (iron and phosphate).How does Sluggo work?Sluggo is attractive to snails and slugs and lures them from their hiding places. Once it is consumed they stop feeding on plant material and die within 3-6 days. Unlike metaldehyde baits, dead snails may not be visible since they crawl back to hiding places to die. Sluggo is slower acting than other baits but once eaten plant damage will stop immediately.Where can I use Sluggo?Sluggo can be used in all areas in the garden; vegetable gardens, ornamental plantings, groundcovers, fruit and citrus trees, berries, lawn areas, greenhouses, etc. Is Sluggo OMRI Listed? Yes! Sluggo is now OMRI Listed (Organic Materials Review Institute). OMRI listed products have been reviewed against standards developed by OMRI for assessing compliance with the USDA National Organic Program (NOP) Rule (7 CFR Part 205). Sluggo is also now approved by NOP for Organic Gardening so you will see the green leaf logo on it as well.How and when should I apply?Since snails and slugs feed mostly at night, evening is the best time to apply Sluggo. Apply bait evenly at 1 lb. per 2,000 sq. ft. which equals 1 teaspoon per 2 square yards. Re-apply bait as it is consumed. Scatter the bait around or near plants. For potted plants apply ½ teaspoon per 9 inch pot.Is Sluggo expensive?Sluggo is more expensive than metaldehyde baits however, you will use less bait per area. Sluggo is also labeled for use around pets and wildlife so you won’t have to worry about poisoning your pets!